Wildlife Trail & Crystal Cave Adventure
After hotel pickup, begin your tour at the Wildlife reserve.
At the Barbados Wildlife Reserve, opposite Farley Hill, visitors can walk among the animals. Shady paths thread through a mahogany forest populated by deer, agoutis, tortoises, iguanas, and a raucous collection of tropical birds.
Wild green monkeys, imported from Africa by early settlers, are also often seen at dawn and dusk, and plant lovers will enjoy the park's vibrant display of orchids.
Next we head over to Harrisons cave in central Barbados, deep beneath the earth's surface.
During the guided tram tour, gaze at ceilings studded with stalactite-icicles and gravity-defying stalagmites growing upward from the ground.
As you hear gurgling streams and pass by smooth glassy pools of water, learn about the cave network snaking for at least 1.4 miles (2 km), which thwarted expeditions and remained mostly unexplored until 1970.
To top off the day's activities, enjoy a delicious local lunch.
- Start off at the Wildlife Reserve
- Barbados' version of a zoo
- View the animals and fauna native to Barbados
- Try to find the green monkeys (we promise it's not difficult)
- Head over to Harrisons Cave
- Travel deep beneath the surface in the heart of Barbados
- Enjoy a delicious Bajan Lunch